The Dot is the story of a caring teacher who dares a doubting student to trust in her own abilities by being brave enough to “make her mark”. What begins with a small dot on a piece of paper becomes a breakthrough in confidence and courage, igniting a journey of self-discovery and sharing, which has gone on to inspire countless children and adults around the globe.
And each year on International Dot Day – with the help of people just like you –the inspiration continues. What started as a story in the pages of a book is transforming teaching and learning around the world as people of all ages re-discover the power and potential of creativity in all they do.
Thanks to all who tuned in live to the Dot Day Stream! Sorry for the audio issues. The video below has the audio where it should be!
Don't miss this very special opportunity to connect with Peter H. Reynolds, author of The Dot! The live event begins at 11:00am and will not be recorded.
2. Click "Join Anonymously"
1) Click here to print the activity or use a blank piece of paper
2) Draw, paint, color, and decorate your own dot! See what inspires you. Be brave like Vashti!
3) Sign your name on your artwork!
3) Optional: Make a frame out of construction paper and decorate it. You can hang it in your home.
You can share your dot in the Flipgrid below!
Think about a time when you've helped someone in the past and create a new plan to help someone.
1) Think about a time you've encouraged or helped someone. What did you do? How did it make you and them feel?
3) Help or encourage someone this week!
Congratulations to Camila and Colton, who both were selected to win a Start With a Dot creativity Journal! The live prize drawing video is posted here.
- How do you feel when you are starting something new?
- How does it feel when someone is supportive and encouraging?
What is the message in ‘The Dot Song’? Why do you think that? How does the song make you feel?